Saved by stomach pain
I don’t know where to start with this category I just launched but I think we need some laughs while we spic and span in the kitchen. Go on, paint some smiles on your face, we do have some defining moments in the kitchen!
Okay, to start with ( I am not really a great story teller, but I will try) Hmmm actually its quite embarrassing when this happened but now, it makes me giggle and something striking my nerve every time I remember this.
Saving yourself through stomach pain
Newly wed and new in Luanda, when some superior bosses of hubby visited the city for review and accounting stuffs. Hubby had told me beforehand that they were coming for dinner at home. As I was completely clueless what to do I don’t know what to prepare, I really wished I wasn’t at home at all. Realizing its like 360 degrees turn of my life from being single to married, in a completely new environment. I told hubby that I am sorry coz I really don’t know what to prepare and what to expect them to eat. Having French guests for the first time is making me nervous that I don’t want cook, afraid I might do something unpleasant to them or worst make a disaster in the kitchen. Well, hubby was kind enough to cook for his guests, but honestly I felt so guilty coz I know its supposedly my responsibility to do so. He is supposed to entertain his guests while I do the kitchen stuffs. Feeling so bad with a very low self esteem, I suddenly declared I am not feeling well. I didn’t know if my stomach pain was due to such level of nervousness or feeling so ashamed of the situation. The guests were there, fortunately they were two, at least there is conversation going on. Hubby got busy in the kitchen.. I made my graceful exit excusing myself to have a rest upstairs coz my stomach is so painful. And it saved me from an awful situation! Actually it wasn’t that painful, I can bare with it, to be honest, but the situation really made it worst and I just exaggerated it! It was pretty embarrassing! Then the challenge to cook went on everyday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home